The Hydroxyl Generator (or more commonly known as ‘Titan’) is one of the most scientifically-advanced pieces of equipment we use to combat odors due to bio hazard, fire or water damage events.
The main benefit of using a true hydroxyl generator is that they are safe to use in occupied areas for deodorization purposes. For any businesses, they love this machine because it means less out of pocket expenses and henceforth, less business disruption!
These generators have been successfully tested on any restoration features that SERVPRO specializes in including protein fires, floods, dead body situations, skunk odors, pet urine odors, musty odors and many types of odors. An important note: the Titan is NOT intended for mold use.
Here’s a rundown of some additional facts in order to give you the inside scoop, should you ever need to reach out to us for smoke/soot deodorization needs:
When to Use:
- When odors, gases and organic pollutants are needed to be remediated
- Use on fire and flood damage restoration jobs
- Use to destroy odors from cigarette smoke, dead body, urine, garbage, airborne VOCs and more
- Always remove the source of the odor before operation
- For optimum performance, a 60%+ humidity level is best. If needed, place a bucket of water or a wet towel behind the machine to allow more moisture to be pulled into the air stream.
- Use air movers to circulate the air for thorough air cleaning.
- Although purifying an area depends on many variables, a general time guide for purifying a 1,000 cubic foot area with light to moderator odor is 1 to 3 hours.
As always feel free to reach out to SERVPRO of Burbank at anytime for more information on pieces of restoration hardware. We have helpful staff willing to explain further any of our services – (818) 842-1400.