When a storm hits, sometimes it takes you by surprise. You may not have the immediate chance to grab what you need or even have it on hand at all. That is why it is so important to have a Storm Supply Kit ready to go.
A Storm Supply Kit could be described as a pre-chosen group of supplies that could assist with health and safety during or after a storm or disaster.
It would be ideal to keep a Storm Supply Kit at home, work, and in your vehicle. Here are the top 10 things that should be apart of your storm kit.
- Water: of course an obvious choice but just think about the amount of water a human body actually needs. On average a single person drinks a gallon of water a day and you should have 3 days worth of water.
- Food: of course another obvious choice but another major necessity for surviving. Again keep in mind the amount of food necessary. Experts say to have at least 3 days worth of non perishable foods
- First Aid Kit: A first aid kit is an extra very important thing to have and you should always have on hand!
- Flashlight: With the flashlight comes the necessity of having extra batteries in case some of them die.
- Pocket knife
- Matches: Make sure you store your matches in a waterproof container to prevent them getting wet.
- Needed Prescription Medication: Make sure you have any vital prescription medication you need to survive.
- Whistles or Signal for Help: Make sure you have the means if signaling for help if it ever becomes a need.
- Sanitation Wipes and any hygiene products: Just the stuff you would want to try to keep yourself in a clean state.
- Sleeping bag and/or blankets: In case of a major disaster you would want the means of staying warm/something to sleep with.
SERVPRO of Burbank is faster to any size disaster!