Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
In as little as 48 hours, mold can rapidly become an issue in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a slow leak or a supply line issue. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. Mold may also result in greater health risks to children, the elderly and anyone with respiratory issues. Mold can often be seen visibly and/or a strong and musty odor can be detected in affected areas. SERVPRO of Burbank is an expert in mold clean up and has the specialized equipment to safely remove mold from your home or business.
Here are a few tips before SERVPRO of Burbank arrives:
- Call a plumber as soon as possible to fix the cause of water damage
- Stay out of all areas suspected to have mold growth
- Do not touch or further disturb the affected areas
- Turn off all fans and HVAC systems and do not blow any air across affected areas
- Do not spray bleach or other cleaning products on affected areas
Call SERVPRO of Burbank as soon as possible to safely remove all mold growth from your home or business (818) 842-1400
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (818) 842-1400
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Burbank for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Burbank has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Burbank proudly serves Burbank, Magnolia Park, and surrounding areas.