Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Water damages usually occur when you least expect it and often many are panicked in these situations. The most important thing to remember is safety first. Stay off slippery surfaces and avoid any electrical hazards. Do not try to lift wet materials as they tend to be extremely heavy. Contact a plumbing professional right away to stop the cause of the water damage and/or turn off your main water line. Do not attempt to perform any work that you are not trained to complete. SERVPRO of Burbank is ready 24-7, 7 days a week to come to your home or business with any water damages you experience.
If you suffered a water damage in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Burbank, your water damage experts! (818) 842-1400
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (818) 842-1400
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.